CBA Mission Trip to Bethlehem, PA
Star City Church
April 7-14, 2018
In 2018, Centennial Baptist Association will partner with Rev. Travis and Grace Ross, church planters with the North American Mission Board, who have a vision to plant Star City Church in Bethlehem, PA. This will be our first trip to help Travis and Grace, and we will use this trip to explore the possibility of a longer partnership with them and the new church.
The primary focus of the trip will be to build relationships with local ministries and businesses. We will be serving in a number of ways, most of which involve social ministries like feeding people. We may have the opportunity to work with a couple of organizations that rescue victims of human trafficking. We will also help organize an outreach event centered around music and the arts. Bethlehem has a thriving arts district.
Cost of the trip:
· $500 per person
· $100 deposit due no later than January 2, 2018. Balance by March 22, 2018.
· This trip is limited to 20 people, so the first ones to turn in their deposits will be able to go. A waiting list will be made if more than 20 sign up.
· Cost includes lodging for 7 nights in PA, breakfast and dinner for the days we are in PA, and ground transportation.
· Cost does not include air transportation if you choose to fly, ground transportation if you want to drive your own vehicle, or lodging if you choose to split the drive into two days.
· Cost also does not include lunch or meals on the drive up or back. Lunch will be used as a means to connect with local businesses and, logistically, it will be easier for individuals to handle this on their own. Average cost of lunch should be under $10 per day.
Please plan to attend the planning meeting on Tuesday, January 2, 2018, at First Baptist Church, Thomaston. Reminders will be sent to all who give their contact information to the Missions team. Any questions can be directed to Steve at 770-314-6107 or 706-647-4959.